Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About
Project 1 Spring 2012
P1 – Concept
THINGS TO DO:
(1) Make a Virtual Chair
(2) Read p106 of Eva & Franco Mattes
(3) Make a Video Blog
(4) Pick a License to run with your work
(5) Make a Blog & Put the above elements on it
(6) Put links to your P1 “Post” and your About “Page” on Beachboard.
Everything you ever wanted to know about making a virtual chair is detailed in the videos below.
Putting it all on your blog is at the bottom of this page.
P1 – How To
0. Buy Book, Clicker & Kit
CHAIR: Sign up
• Sign-up for Second Life & download the SL Viewer when prompted.
• Buy L$2,000:
CHAIR: Research & Sketch
CHAIR: Virtual CSULB, Textures, RezFaux
2. Read p106 of Eva & Franco Mattes
3. Make a video blog. Talk about:
• Your Chair Experience
• What p106 of Eva & Franco is about, what’s going on, what they’re getting at, what you think about it
• What you think “art” is, and what your hopes for this class are
4. Pick one of the 8 license flavors for your work: Copyright All Rights Reserved, or, Public Domain, or in-between those 2 extremes, one of the 6 flavors of Creative Commons
5. Make a blog and put all that stuff on it…
WordPress, Tumblr & Blogger all have lots of “themes” that can make your blog look however you like. And then you can decorate pages as suits you. All 3 have “Pages” and “Posts” – a “Post” is the normal thing on a blog, “Hi, It’s Monday, here’s what’s up” — but sometimes you have information that isn’t related to time in that way and you want to make a static “page.” So this week you’ll make 1 POST and 1 PAGE.
Your Post — all the stuff above. Call it “P1” or “My Wild Adventure” or whatever you like.
Your Page — should be called “About” and it’s where you’ll say “This blog is by a CSULB Nursing Student” or “NorCal Real Estate Developer” or however you want to describe yourself. You can add images, vids, links, as you like.
Your ABOUT Page should also have whatever license you pick, so visitors will know how they can and cannot use your content.