This week has probably been the worst week of projects. I have never given such bad grades before on projects before. The main reason for this? NO SCREENSHOTS!!! After a week of working (I hope you guys have been working) on your projects we wanted to see your progress! That was the project for this week. We need physical evidence of this, not just your word! Other than that many of you did a great job on analyzing the reading of Eva and Franco. I am always happy to see the eclectic amount of responses to them and see what you feel about them. Since I am so sad at giving such bad grades, I don’t have too much to say…. Here are my favorite VLOGS and SKETCHES of the week…
I dont know why there are so many people who didnt have any screenshots of their progress of their VR galleries, or people just not doing the project. P8 was to show us how you have been doing on your VR installation projects so far and let us know if you are having any difficulties. How can you show us your progress so far without any screenshots?
Sorry guys! It’s only Tuesday and I am already doen with this week! I some awesome vlogs this week, I feel that a lot of you are now seeing a different side of Eva and Franco. At first you “hated” them and now you see their reasoning behind a few of their works and it’s starting to make sense to a lot of you. I went through the same exact thing you guys! At first it was just so hard for me to grasp their ideas for reasons such as: never seeing anything like this before and trying to understand their reason for “sabotaging”. Of course now I know there really was no malicious intent in any of their works even though it might seem to come off that way. It’s quite interesting to see a new medium of art that is not so typical like many of us are used to. This is what a lot of you had mentioned in your vlogs, and I absolutely agree with you guys. Now onto my “FAVORITES” of the week (:
- “Art should not be restricted to a certain amount of people, it should be show to the entire world.”
- “To someone else in the “game” who understands the effort and the time it took to build that character would value the time and ability it took to make this character come to life.”
- “Their art is not conventional, it’s very out there, and they just want people to understand that art is not confined to an easel or a studio, it is anything in reality, they want to just make you think about what is going on in the world, and to understand that anything is art you just have to see it that way… if you can express an opinion or and idea through it visually then it is art.”
- “If someone who has done it before, who cares we’ll do it again, if someone says it has been done many times before, their response is who cares we’re going to do it our way, We know who we are, we will not be influenced by others against us… won’t be restricted y anyone else.”
- “That’s how I wish to see myself, but that is not myself.”
- “A projection of our identity, idealistically not facially”
- “The past shows us our future”
- “Sometimes we must fool people to get a sincere reaction.”
No. The title is not the latest prim count (i wish) or a reference to a wikipedia article? It is the number of points i gave out this week.
Almost all the projects i got, were “A” work. I was very proud.
Pretty much everyone understood what the wacky Eva and Franco were trying to tell us.
A problem that is still happening though, is that so many people still can’t say the name Mattes. On the eyewtka page I even put a way to pronounce it.
So just think Mott-ez
Anyways, i leave you with this pic i found
Here are just a few of the awesome vlogs i graded this week